Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where in the World is Carl Nelson Hoeg?

So it turns out on August 28th, 2008, I was an international man of mystery? Due to a miscommunication with the Larkins, they thought I would be travelling to England a day earlier than I actually was! When I did not show up at the train station from what I am told the phones calls and emails were sent all over the world in able to locate the whereabouts of a certain 21-year-old backpacker! Is he still in France? Did the Chunnel collapse!? Is he lost in England (the one place on his trip where everything is in English, it would be ironic)? Or is there some other explanation that explains why he suddenly became a missing person!?

Meanwhile in Paris, France I was enjoying a relaxing dinner with my host family completely unsuspecting that anything was wrong. I guess the people who were involved in the search must of concluded that there was some sort of mix up in when I was actually coming because I myself did not receive any emails or phone calls regarding my unknown whereabouts!


At any rate yesterday I arrived in England as planned (or at least I thought as planned) and got to hear this very entertaining story about everyone wondering where I was. I got quite a laugh from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! You would manage to screw things up without doing anything at all!!!

And do you really think that Ryan Zimmerman and Casey Blake (two okay players in weak offenses) will do better than Mike Lowell (good player hitting in the middle of one of the better lineups)? Or is it that you just don't want to move Harden? You can give it to me straight...after all you are halfway across the world right now...it's not like I can do anything about it even if I wanted to!

Just kidding! Hope you are enjoying yourself. Later!

Van said...

Great blog ppost