Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Good Home Stay

How does one know if a home stay was good? While there are many different criteria one could use, but it was not hard to figure out that I was treated exceedingly well While I stayed with Ari´s Family.

Ari's Mother made it her personal mission to make sure that I had clean clothes (she did laundry twice!), and was always enjoying big hot meals (I added a few pounds during the stay). I saw their local town of Jarvenpaa, Helsinki, as well as the lake district of Finland when we went to their summer home.

During my time their I was able to relax (the saunas helped) and recharge my batteries. Overall I had a great time there! I have now taken the boat back to Stockholm Sweden where I will be for the next two days before I start making my way down to visit my Danish Relatives! Today I saw the changing of the guard at the Royal Palace. It was a 45 min ceremony which involved a lot of numbers by the Swedish Army Marching Band (they were really good).

No comments: