Monday, August 4, 2008

IRELAND!

So after a lovely trip on Ryanair (only delayed an hour, and the seat was the skinniest airplane seat I ever have been in), I arrived in Dublin! I proceded to my hostel and arrived around 12:30 am. Being a saturday night in Dublin I of course wandered the city a bit to see the Irish pub life in full swing. I was quite tired though and headed back to the hostel by around 1:00 to hit the sack.

Today I saw many different aspects of this lovely green and beer happy country. I met a girl from southern England at breakfast, and I ended up spending the morning with her. We took the Dart (a commuter train) to a small coastal town outside of Dublin. It was BEAUTIFUL! We walked along the coast on hiking trails that were literally right along the cliffs. We even saw some Irish folks swiming in the sea (it was not warm out!). Check out these pictures!






As I said beautiful! So in the afternoon I did my own thing and checked out some of Dublins major sites from Churches to the University. Of course the big thing I did in Dublin was go to the Mecca of the Guinness Beer Production. Thats right I went to the Guinness Storehouse Museum in Dublin where they tell you everything about their black beer and the finish it off with a free pint! I downed the pint talking with two other Americans I met in the pub ontop of the storehouse where you have an amazing view of the city of Dublin!


After the Storehouse, I did something completely unirish....I went to a movie! I went and saw the new batman. I was in the mood to do not much for the evening and I have wanted to see it since it came out some I took the evening off from tourist attractions and saw the movie which was amazing. Tomorrow I will have some more time in Dublin before I take a train to Killarney, in southwestern Ireland, where I will be spending the next three nights.

4 comments:

BipolarBunny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful area.

Ricky_Mehra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ricky_Mehra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.