Monday, August 25, 2008

Hotel Eurail

So for the second time this trip I will take advantage of Hotel Eurail. Thats right I am going to save time and money by taking a night train. Considering the fact that on the 30th I fly out of Copenhagen and I am currently in the eastern region of the Czech Republic you can see that I have some serious distance to cover.

So this afternoon I will take a train from Ostrava to Vienna. I realize it is in the wrong direction, but I must go back to a country where my rail pass is valid, aka not the Czech Republic. From Vienna I will travel to Frankfort, a seven hour train ride during the day. So instead of wasting a perfectly good day on a train I will spend the night on the train going to Frankfort. Unlike last time I was on a night train I booked in advance and payed extra to have my own bed. I will arrive around 6 local time and then head on to the Mystical Rhine River Valley.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was backpacking in Europe in 1977 I ended up very ill and in the hospital in Cannes, France. I was kept there as long as possible, but then needed to get back to Amsterdam to get my plane home. I took a train all the way, with a stop in Paris. I was still very ill and could not afford a bed. I will never forget the kindness of strangers when a French man purchased one for me so that I could rest. It was quite a detour from my original plans! Mo

Anonymous said...

Mo - I didn't know you backpacked in Europe! I guess you have lots of stories to tell me the next time I see you.

Carl - sweet dreams!

workhard said...

Hi.. yes. Backpacking in Europe would have been such an experience

Idaho Homes