Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Castles!

So as I previously said, I am spending two days in the Rhine River Valley. Primarilly the allure for the region to me is because of its Castles! Well I arrived in the Rhine Region around 8:00 this morning and took a train to Bacharach which is in the middle of the Region. It is a beatiful little town of 2,000 people. The town is full of Wine Cellars, local shops, old buildings and local resteraunts. Today I went down river and tomorrow I will go up river on the Rhine.

To the major point of this post, I am staying at the coolist hostel ever! It really is a Castle! It was built in the 12th Centrury and has more recently been converted into a hostel.



If you want to check out some more pictures check out this link, Jugendgästehaus Bacharach.

1 comment:

workhard said...

Hi.. Nice post..Nice blog you have here.. Really like it..I love to travel Europe.. This is a good way for me to check out places..


Idaho Homes