Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cadiz & Travel

I decided after all my studying and traveling it was time for a relaxing break. So a friend from my hostel and I took a day trip to the beach in Southern Spain. We went to the town of Cadiz, while the town does not boast an impressive history and major landmarks (that I am aware of...) it does posses huge beaches on the Atlantic Ocean, amazing sunny weather, and it is only just over an hour by bus from Sevilla. Thus it was a perfect destination for a lazy day.

Beach in Cadiz

While I have been living in sunny, hot, and desert Fez in Africa the fact that most my persuits occured inside I have aquired very little color thus far this summer. Despite the furious application of sun screen, sun burn still managed to get the better of me. Still despite this slight drawback it was a really nice day at the beach.

Right now I am in the London Stansted Airport. My flight from Sevilla was delayed several hours, much to tha annoyance of most of the passangers. To me it made little difference as it just ment less time bumming around in the Stansted airport. I eventually did make it to London around 1 am where I found a lovely bit of floor and curled up for the night for some sleep! Now in about 6 hours I will get on my plane and head back to Minnesota!

No comments: