Friday, May 28, 2010

La Doche Vita

So as you might of heard due to a French strike my plane from Italy to Morocco was canceled yesterday (still trying to wrap my head around that). So this has given me several more days in which to enjoy la doche vita here in Italy. So I decided I would, like when I finished backpacking, give you the run down on some of the best (and some of the worsts) of a year abroad in Bologna Italy.


Traveling in Italy
  • Best Day Trip: Cinque Terre
  • Best Old Medieval Town: Siena
  • Most Overrated Town: Pisa
  • Places I will regret not visiting: Pompei, the Amalfi Coast, & The San Siro
  • Favorite Bike Trip: Biking around Lake Garda
  • Best Beach: Cefalu
  • Best Church: St. Peter's at the Vatican
  • Number one place I would recommend going in Italy: Sicily
Food and Drink
  • Best Pasta: Anything Bolognese
  • Best Pizza: Spoconapoli on Via San Vitale (owners originally from Naples)
  • Best Vino: Chianti
  • Best Beer: Stick to anything German, Belgium, Irish, or Czech (As there is a reason the Italians are not known for their beer)
Bologna
  • Favorite Place in Bologna: San Luca
  • Thing I will miss most about Bologna: SAIS Bologna Center and the students
  • Thing I will not miss about Bologna: Dog poop, people do not clean up after their dogs here!
  • Craziest Italian Moment: Riding to an Ultimate Frisbee Tournament, while an Italian drove...I was never so happy to get safely out of the car!

No comments: