Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Best of Europe

Here are some of the best (and not so great) parts of my trip! Enjoy.
-
Destinations

Favorite Destination: Bergen, Norway
Most Beatiful Destination (scenery): Bergen, Norway and Grindelwald, Switzerland
Most Beatiful Desintation (city): Brugges, Belgium
Places I could of Skipped: Oslo Norway, and Madrid, Spain
-
Food
Best Food: Any home stay!
Best Snack: Crapes in France and Fries in Belgium
Best Wine: Southern France
Best Beer: Belgium
-
Hostels
Coolist Hostel: Jugendgastehaus Bacharach (Rhine River Valley)
Most Fun Hostel: Saint Jordi Diagonal (Barcelona)
Most Expensive Hostel: Amsterdam and Barcelona (Both $45-50 a night)
Cheapest Hostel: Brugge, Belgium and Killarney Ireland (Both $22 a night)
-
Transportation
Best Trains: Spain and France
Worst Trains: Rhine River Valley Trains
Best Boat Ride: Fjords in Bergen
Best Airport: Minneapolis-St. Paul (no joke!)
Worst Airport: Reus Barcelona (in the middle of nowhere)


7 comments:

Anish said...

Great article thanks for this.

Anonymous said...

Boy, am I glad I did not have to eat what you had in Paris!!!

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

stumbled on your site after looking at trip advisor. Really interesting so thank you. Wanted to ask a question, in your experience as I'm someone who only has 2 weeks holiday and has been to the French Alps, would you go to Norway or the Swiss alps, as I've not visited either. Really appreciate you're advice as someone who's seen both. Thanks s.gwyther@chester.ac.uk

Pradeep Ahirwar said...

I liked the post.You can also have a look at Sunny Beach Hotels where I spent my vacations when I traveled to Europe.

workhard said...

Hi.. thats a nice list..


Idaho Homes

Globetrotter said...

Hey
Thanks for your “Best of Europe” list it has given me insight on my travels. Why was Madrid, Spain a place you could have skipped out on? As well for the hostel in Barcelona (Saint Jordi Diagonal) did you book it online anywhere? It sounds like it would be a great place to stay and party.

http://globetrotteratuwo.blogspot.com/

Carl Hoeg said...

I felt that Madrid Spain was just another Big City. While it was enjoyable to see some of the sights there and check out some of the night life I would of rather spent more time in Toledo or Southern Spain where the culture seems richer.

I booked most of my hostels through Hostelworld.com you should be able to find and book the hostel that stayed at through that website.