Saturday, October 31, 2009

Verona: Romeo and Juliet

So as you may of noticed it has now been about two weeks since my last blog post. I did not die or fall of the face of the planet I have just been buried under long reading lists and various homework assignments that are all too common for the typical grad student. I am sure you are devastated that I did not take the time to blog about the finer points of Classical Realism and Liberal Institutionalism.

Today I took a mental health day and went to the town of Verona, Italy. This town is where it is believed the original Romeo and Juliet story originated. One is able to visit the balcony of Juliet or the tomb of the ill fated lovers.

In addition to the towns famous lovers, the town proves to be an excellent medieval town with a great many different sights, churches, piazzas, and other attractions. Enjoy the pictures blow.

Gate Entering Verona

Main Square




Me with a Roman Theater in the Background

This is Juliet's world famous balcony

This is the millions of love notes people leave by Juliet's home....gross (but I guess enough people think it is sweet because they do it)