Monday, October 5, 2009

Ultimate Survival Italian Part II

So this past weekend I played in an Ultimate tournament not far from Bologna. I ended up playing with a team from Trent, Italy. A bunch of their players had not been able to come down to the tournament, so I joined their team. The good news was since there very few of us I got to play a lot! The bad news was after 5 games in the span of 6 hours my body killed!

The Team

Still I had a great time. Several of the players spoke some English, but they mostly just spoke in Italian and I began to catch onto the different Italian Ultimate terms. In the end we finished 7th out of 9 teams.

I may play in another tournament this coming weekend and I also just joined a choir at the University of Bologna with a fellow student from Johns Hopkins SAIS. Both should be fun and continue to improve my Italian!

3 comments:

Dad said...

You are a giant compated to all of them!

Karen said...

You just joined their team because they wear orange. Don't lie. ;-)

Carl Hoeg said...

I thought it was great when I saw they had Orange Jerseys...I will not deny it!