Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rimini

So yes it is almost the following weekend, but I am finally getting around to reporting about my travels from the previous weekend. (It is easy to get behind with limited Internet access and this thing called Homework...)

Last Sunday five other students and I decided to go and visit Rimini. While I have traveled to many cities throughout Europe to explore their amazing architecture, unique culture, and other various qualities, the trip to Rimini was aimed at doing one thing.....bumming on their beautiful sandy beaches.

Arial view of Rimini

During the Summer, almost no one is in Bologna due to the heat. This is because all the locals pack up shop (literally, because easily over half the places were closed in town until later this fall when I arrived in Bologna), and headed to the beach. I now very much understand why as the first two weeks here the temperatures were in the 80s and mid to upper 90s almost everyday with a great amount of humidity. One can easily sweat just lying in bed.

So last Sunday we did as the Italians do and went to the beach to cool off. Rimini has perfect sandy beaches and huge waves. In addition the Adriatic sea is a really nice temperature to swim in.

The beach in Rimini

I have not decided where I may go this weekend, but I am considering either the Lake District or Tuscany. Feel free to give me any suggestions, my only condition is that they be relatively close to Bologna (thus saving time and money).

No comments: