Sunday, September 20, 2009

Biking Italy: Bologna & Ferrara

Well it took almost no time at all for me to take advantage of having a bike here. As biking places provides good and cheap entertainment (and positive externalities for one's health), I decided to go on several bike trips this weekend after taking my exam on Saturday.

Saturday Evening I biked around Bologna, checked out their soccer stadium, and then headed off into the foothills and found a nice overlook of the town. In total I probably only biked about 20 km, but with the foothills it felt like more.

Overlook of Bologna from the foothills

On Sunday I got a bit more adventurous and biked from Bologna to the town of Ferrara (50 km or 31 miles). A small town known for its biking culture, it also had a cool variety of old medieval buildings. Tired from the ride there I decided to pay the couple Euro and take the train home.

Castello Estense


Duomo San Romano


As much as I like to bike back home, it is really cool to be able to bike a ways and end up in some cool European Town you have never visited, it adds a little extra little motivation!

No comments: