Friday, August 29, 2008

The Final Days...

So it is hard for me to believe it but I am currently enjoying my last full day in Europe today before I start the long trek home tomorrow! Yesterday I was busy taking train after train in order to make my way up to denmark (I fly out of Copenhagen). When I was last in Denmark my relatives told me when I made my way back at the end of my trip I would be more than welcome to stay with them again. So being a student and always interested in free food, lodging, and good company I acepted the offer!

Last night I stayed with Micheal's Father and got to see their family farm (in the family since 1860). Today After the morning at the farm I moved over to Mie, Micheal's mothers place for the day. She has a beatiful place right on the sea with lots of space and a private beach! I am unsure what I will do tonight, all I know is that by tomorrow at 2:00 local time I will be in Copenhagen leaving on my flight home (via Iceland).


Please stay tuned to my blog for the next day or two, as I plan to do a final post or two talking about my favorite (and least favorite) parts and places from my trip! I would also like to thank everyone for their support and comments over the past two months, it means a lot to me!


For now it is time for this world traveler to fly off into the sunset until I find the time (and money) for my next adventure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the USA, Herr Hoeg! I am excited to hear privately about some of the crazier things you did in Europe. I want to see if you can top some of my experiences from 30 years ago!

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

From exploring Europe for 2 months to going to college in Iowa for 9 months. Boy, talk about a culture shock!

Well, hope you have had a fun and memorable trip. I look forward to hearing more about it when I next see you.

Molly said...

It's great to have you back home again, Carl. It was great to relive your travels virtually through your slide show last night. Truly a trip to remember!

workhard said...

Wow... love to see a farm in real life..

Idaho Homes

hotels in prague said...

As I have read your blog you looked really enjoyed a lot and seems you had great time there..I'm looking forward for your next blog to get some ideas because I am planning for a 3 weeks stay in Europe.