Monday, May 10, 2010

Viagreggio

Well for awhile now I have been hoping to make it back to the Italian beaches! After all I thought by May the weather would be perfect every day here in Italy! Well it turns out that there seems to be a lot of clouds and rain in the spring here in Italy and the hot Italian summer has not yet descended on us (this I guess is also a good thing as my apartment does not have AC).

Beach in Viagreggio

At any rate the weather on Sunday was decent and I decided to make a trip to the beach town of Viagreggio! What made this extra cool was that one of my roommates, Connor, from my senior year at Wartburg was in Italy on a May Term trip. So early in the morning I met up with him and a number of other Wartburg students in Florence and then we grabbed a train towards the beach. Along the way we stopped in Pisa as none of them had seen it before, and it is of course one of the great Italian staples. Finally a bit after mid-day we arrived in the town of Viagreegio. The weather was decent and we even were brave enough to get in the water for a while before getting cold and retreating to the beach to relax. As the day moved on the clouds rolled in and the temperature dropped and we took it as our hint to start heading back. All in all it was a fun trip and good to see some of my former Wartburg friends!

No comments: