Friday, November 13, 2009

Budget Traveler at it again!

As you may remember from my trip last summer, I discovered that many budget travelers no longer backpack across Europe on trains. Instead many now airport hop from city to city via cheap airlines such as Easyjet and Ryanair. You can literally travel across the continent for just $10 - $50.

While last summer, except for on a couple exceptions, I obviously choose to travel via the rails (after all that is what the romanticized backpacking trip is all about!), this year with time and money even more scarce than last year I have looked to take advantage of such great deals. So with my semester break coming up at the end of January I finally struck on some deals! In addition to flying cheap, I have managed to once again take advantage of free local hospitality and food (like any good student)!

My plan is to finish up finals on the 27th of January and then fly north to England where I will visit the Larkins (very good family friends) for a little less than a week, next I will fly to Krakow Poland for where I will spend two days (great city & exchange rate!) , before heading to Ostrava, Czech Republic to visit Pavala and her family, my final destination will be Vienna! There I will be joining my fellow SAIS students for our very own Venetian Ball in the Hofburg Palace (I saw this palace last year backpacking!).

Hofburg Palace

Somehow I doubt our Ball will be this big of an ordeal, but it still should be very cool!

All in all this trips costs have been minimized while maximizing its fun! Should be quite the experiences! No doubt I several blog posts on it will make its way onto here!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I'm jealous you get to see so many wonderful people. :-) Have fun!