Monday, September 28, 2009

Ultimate Survival Italian

Today pre-term officially ended after my economics final. As such that also means I am on my own as far as Italian goes (no more survival Italian!). I cannot say that my Italian is really all that great, but it allows me to do a few things like introduce myself and say a bit about myself, order at a restaurant (assuming they do not ask too many complicated questions), and say all the great little words like please, thank you, and your welcome!

So while my academic endeavors with Italian are officially over, I will now use the non-academic Ultimate Fields of Bologna to try and rev up on my Italian. I mean literally the Ultimate Fields of Bologna, as in the sport! There is a Ultimate team here in Bologna and it is one of the best in Europe. I am planning to practice with them occasionally and hopefully play in a tournament they are hosting in upcoming weeks! No doubt I will learn great new words such as throw it here, huck, up, and all those other great Ultimate words! At any rate it should be fun.

No comments: